As a makeup artist, I’ve been using fake lashes for over forty years – and they have come a long way! In this unboxing video, I show you what you might expect applying them for the first time and how to use magnetic lashes.
When magnetic lashes first came on the market a couple of years ago, they weren’t that great, but now manufacturers are really upping their game, so I’ve decided to give these Moxie Lashes a try! I was also curious if they would work on my 63-year-old hooded eyes!
About Moxie Lashes
These magnetic lashes are made for 24 hour wear. They have an ultra-thin magnetic lash band that contours and flexes naturally to your eye shape. These lashes are designed with 10 micro-magnets. As a result, you’ll get easy customization, maximum hold, and all-day comfort. One pair should last about 50 wears.
How to Apply Magnetic Lashes
- Apply the magnetic liner. Apply it as you would normal eyeliner and make sure you get as close to the lashline as possible. I really loved the tip on this eyeliner. I had a lot of control over the wand and felt the brush was high quality.
- After applying the liner wait 3 minutes for the liner to dry. If you don’t wait long enough the eyeliner can transfer to your upper eyelid.
- They recommend you apply the lashes with tweezers but if your hands feel more comfortable that’s fine too. I feel the tweezers give me more control to get the lashes as close to my natural lashes as possible.
- The lashes should just snap into place! They will need some adjusting with the tweezers or your hands to get them as close to the lashline as possible.
- I added a little bit more dark eyeshadow to my already applied makeup added some more eyeliner to make sure the false lashes blended in with my natural ones.
How to Remove Magnetic Lashes
- The lashes peel right off! Sometimes when I use traditional glue on lashes some of my natural eyeleshes get removed with it. NONE of my natural eyelashes came out with these!
- Remove the magnetic liner with the makeup remover they provide. This remover is non greasy and easily removes the magnetic liner.
I am really impressed with this product! The traditional false lashes with glue can get so messy and I didn’t have any issue with mess with these. I am seriously impressed and will continue to use these instead of the false lashes that use glue. I even prefer these to expertly applied glue on type, they can’t compare. They feel comfortable, they don’t feel like they’re going to fall off, and they passed the Dyson wind tunnel test (I blow dried my face).
I think next time, I’d like to try a less expensive option, I will try Kiss Lashes.
If you are planning on using these for a special event check out this post here for a full makeup look!
What I’m Wearing
Concealer: Ilia True Skin Serum Concealer
Foundation: Ilia True Skin Serum Foundation
Eyeshadow: Ilia The Necessary Eyeshadow Palette in Cool Nude
Cheeks: Ilia Color Haze Multi-use Pigment in Temptation
Lips: Bobbi Brown Lip Color in Uber Pink
Odele Leave-in Conditioner
Not Your Mother’s Curl Talk Gel
Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer
Bracelet and Necklace – Artizan Joyeria Promo code – KERRYLOU10
firstname.lastname@example.org The above links are affiliate links. If you purchase using them, I’ll make a small commission which helps defray the cost of making these videos. Thank you.